[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T problems - Progress at last!

On Saturday 16 August 2003 20:31, you wrote:
> Anyway, with a pci-burst of 1 and a fifo of 32 I have one remaining
> issue which is that the sound is hideously out of sync with the picture
> when viewing in mplayer.  I have uploaded a few seconds of sample at:
> http://www.wildgooses.com/test.ts

Hi Ed... I had a look and can confirm that this is 'just MPlayer' again ...

Look at the clip again, and you'll see as Mr. Kielty (shudder) says 'now next
to survive' it's actually in sync.

MPlayer is notoriously crap with a/v sync - give it a few seconds, and it will
fix itself :)

The MPlayer homepage promises that MPlayer G2 will feature a much improved A/V
sync engine and if I remember rightly, should be released within the next
couple of weeks..

Cheers,
Gavin.