[linux-dvb] Re: Solved, patch attached: DVB-C tuning problems causedby inittab changes in ves1820.c since 2003-05-24

Peter Bieringer wrote:
Hi,

thanks to Holger and Robert.

Attached a patch which enhances the ves1820.c driver for per card
configuration capability via module options of PWM, CARCONF and CLKCONF to
track down tuning problems and solve them.

The patch also unifies the logging messages and show card number also on
each log line.

Hope this can help others too,
As mentioned in my other mail I think it's much better to provide a simple tool to fix and reprogram broken EEPROMs than to add that much overhead to support broken cards to the driver...

just my 2¢,

Holger