[linux-dvb] Re: Solved, patch attached: DVB-C tuning problems caused by inittab changes in ves1820.c since 2003-05-24

Hello,

On Monday 18 August 2003 00:39, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Peter Bieringer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks to Holger and Robert.
> >
> > Attached a patch which enhances the ves1820.c driver for per card
> > configuration capability via module options of PWM, CARCONF and CLKCONF
> > to track down tuning problems and solve them.
> >
> > The patch also unifies the logging messages and show card number also on
> > each log line.
> >
> > Hope this can help others too,
>
> As mentioned in my other mail I think it's much better to provide a
> simple tool to fix and reprogram broken EEPROMs than to add that much
> overhead to support broken cards to the driver...

I think it would be better to have also the ability to give these values to
the driver additionally. This would ease to evaluate the correct value for
the eeprom.
An other way is to establish an ioctl call or /proc/xxx entry which allow to
change these values on the fly. Together with a little tool to tune them via
this ioctl would allow to evaluate the correct value easily.

kind regards
   Petric