[linux-dvb] Siemens DVB-C CI, alphacrypt, analog module

Hello List,

in the near future I'm planning to add a pc to my living room, which is able to replace the old dbox and add such cool features like timeshifting and so on.

Slowly but surely I collected all the things, at least I thought, I will need for that. First a DVB-card (Siemens DVB-C) which works perfectly with vdr and timeshifting. Last week I bought the common interface and the alphacrypt cam by mascom. Stupidly I didn't check the mailing list about a cim, that works with linuxdvb.
The problem is, that paytv isn't decrypted ("Channel not available"), although the ci, the cim and the, working, smartcard are plugged in. Even in Windows with the technotrend Software and WinDVBLive200 paytv is not decrypted.

Is it right that the cim "Alphacrypt" is not supported by the linuxdvb-driver? If so, I wonder why: I thought the decrpyting is done by the cim, but it seems that the software have to switch something on!?

How can I recognize if the ci or the cim are damaged? Is the driver telling something special if the ci/cim are plugged?

Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions,
Patrick