[linux-dvb] Re: [BUG] linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0 unstable with Nova-t

> David Kuehling wrote:
>>  Any clues?  How could I retrieve some more useful data on the
>> crashes?

> Try SysRq-S a couple of times and then SysRq-U. Sometimes the Oops
> makes it into the log files that way. Then you can use ksymoops to
> decode it into something which is usable for us.

Ok, that worked.  oops is attached (oops-20030820), as well as the
output from ksymoops (oopsed-20030820).  The crash occured in
kmem_cache_free+52.  Disassembly and comparison with the C-source
suggests, that the crash is happening excactly at slab.c:1433 in the
Linux kernel.  The line is:

		slab_bufctl(slabp)[objnr] = slabp->free;

Identified via division operation of previous line:

		unsigned int objnr = (objp-slabp->s_mem)/cachep->objsize;

                divl   0x18(%esi)

esi is cachep, assigned at beginn of function.

Disassembly from `gdb /usr/src/linux/vmlinux' matches disassembly from
ksymoops.

Well, I understand nothing of the Linux kernel, but isn't that some kind
of memory corruption problem?  Maybe I should recompile Linux with
memory debugging enabled...

BTW, what about the Windows DLL used by the driver (copied to
/etc/dvb/tda1004x.mc).  This looks like an ugly hack, could a too-recent
version be responsible for the crash?  Would it help, if I uploaded it?

David