[linux-dvb] Re: New Nova-t

> > > Now I've got my card running nicely, I was wondering if anyone could
> >
> > I would suggest trying Mythtv and check the archives for messages on how
> > set things up
> >

> I've had a bit of a look, but couldn't find anything. I even grabbed the
> CVS and compiled it with some stuff but can't work out how to configure
> it

What about the bit where I suggested checking the myth archives for
details...?

There is absolutely no documentation on how to set this up right now, except
for what's in the myth archives.  Have a look on the -users and -devel lists
for everything with DVB in the subject, especially the big document from Ben
Bucksch which describes how to set everything up (about 4-6 months ago I
think)

If you are on the crystal palace transmitter then I can also happily just
send you my database dump, otherwise I'm afraid that you are going to be
typing stuff into the dvb_channels table manually (using the output of
"scan" to get the details)

I'm sorry, but basically that is the state of DVB in myth at the moment,
however, we have a rather useful add-on called mythchannels which will do
automatic import and setup of everything.  This is just awaiting tweaking
and hopefully commiting to the main code tree (2 weeks perhaps or less)

Please feel free to drop me a note if you want any specific help on setting
things up, but please only after you have read what documentation is already
there on the list archives

Good luck!

Ed W