[linux-dvb] Re: xine support fuer linuxtv dvb driver

Guenter Bartsch wrote:

> looking at the documentation is saw xine was mentioned, however, xine is
> used in a very akward way. recent xine releases have direct support for
> your driver and support szap-style channels.conf files. just copy your
> channels.conf to ~ /.xine/channels.conf and specify a dvb:// mrl on the
> command line, e.g.
>
> xine dvb://
> gxine dvb://
>
> alternatively you can select the dvb autoplay button/menu entry to start
> watching digital tv using xine. channel switching works using the numpad
> pgup/pgdown (NP9 / NP3) keys to scroll through the channel osd menu and
> pressing numpad-enter to switch to the selected channel.
>
> maybe the driver documentation could be updated a little here?

I added it to the FAQ.

But on my first attempt to use xine it failed miserably (I needed to
kill -9 it), just because it didn't like some of my channels.conf
entries (generated by scan on Astra). Maybe the xine folks could
improve their code a little.

Is there a way to reduce buffering to improve channel switching speed?
Does it also work for DVB-C and DVB-T?

Johannes