[linux-dvb] Re: need help with linux dvb driver

Hi
Thanks

 //You cannot use /dev/video0 for a budget

do you mean that Twinhav VP1020 cannot used
/dev/video0, infact VDR and xawtv tries to used this
device and gives an error!!!

// xawtv will not work as it is... You will have to
use
> mplayer and pipe the
> output to mplayer...

thanks for that, i will check it right now, please if
you have more idea don't hesitate to email me.

// You can try to use scan to generate your channel
> config after creating the
> "initial seed" and then szap to the channel you
> want...
>

> You can test the picture using the "test_dvr"
> utility in the test directory of
> the "DVB" driver not "dvb-kernel".

i have used "szap" before, but i dont know where I can
 find it now?  i dont see the DVB driver on my system,
i have patched kernel2.6.0-11, configure, install and
then insmod the modules?

Thanks for everythings
best regards
abbas almutawa