[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel OOPS

Robert Schlabbach writes:
 > > AFAIK there is _no_ budget card driver with CI support under linux.
 >
 > Not yet, although Andrew and I have pretty much figured out how the
 > hardware works. However, I am out of it for the foreseeable time, because
 > the only type of CAM I can afford for development purposes (ZetaCAM, Free-X
 > TV, IceCrypt) all happen to be incompatible with TechnoTrend's Budget-CI
 > (and a number of other receivers, so the fault appears to be with the
 > French manufacturer Neotion, who seems to have some trouble understanding
 > the PC Card specs).

AFAIK, these are problems with the power supply for the CI
module. They supposedly draw more power than usual cards. I don't know
if they are actually outside the allowed range according to the CI specs.
Older versions of the KNC card CI interfaces also had problems with
those cards. The symptoms I have are that the card does not react to
setting the configuration register (the one indicated in the CIS) and
thus access to the IO ports does not work.

Ralph