[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with 1.1.1

On Saturday 13 March 2004 09:43, Alfred Zastrow wrote:
> Helmut Auer schrieb:
>
> > Once again ( I don't give up too fast :-). Isn't here anyone
> > experiencing the same problem ? On vdrportal the same error is reported.
> > Do I have to use different diseqc settings ? What has changed from 1.01
> > to 1.10 in that region ?
>
> It is definitely a ves1x93-problem. For testing purposes I load the
> following modules for my rev 1.3-cards:
> #insmod ves1x93         <---  commented out
> insmod alps_bsrv2       <---   from the DVB-Tree
> and I can tune all stations, as before.

Ok, this explains why I don't have any problems with DiSEqC.
I'm using the stv0299 module (current CVS).

But it is somewhat strange, because DiSEqC is done by the av7110.
Maybe a tuner output pin is connected to the LNBP chip and is
initialized the wrong way...

There are some different register settings in the frontend driver.
Someone should try to find out which one causes the problem.

Has it ever worked in dvb-kernel, for example with driver 1.1.0?

Oliver