[linux-dvb] Re: dvb card on linux

babar haq wrote:

And yes: The Technisat Skystar2 is definitely supported by the 1.1.1 driver.

Niklas
i am i am not being irritating. after spending some time on the url u recommended here is wat i got.
In the dvb-s card section (i guess this is where i should be) the two manafcturers u recommended 1) Technotrend
- Technotrend DVB-S Budget S1000CI (like Nova CI) 109.00EUR 99.90EUR - Technotrend DVB-S Budget S1102 (like Nova) 69.00EUR - TWIN-PACK Technotrend DVB-S Budget S1102 (Nova) 129.90EUR 117.90EUR 2) Technisat
- Technisat Skystar2 2.6C NEW!!! 63.90EUR 59.90EUR
- Technisat Skystar2 2.6C plus remote 75.90EUR - TWINPACK Technisat Skystar2, Rev. 2.6C 115.80EUR
Now all these cards got quiet a bit of difference in prices. So which one should i go for.Will all of them server my purpose. And the above card web pages do not list linux as a supported os:(.
Hope to get some guidance.
Babar
I'm sorry, I am not going to give you some special recommendation, since I myself have no experience with ip over satellite. But from what I read on the list, all these cards should be fine (and have been used) for dvbnet. If you're not going to watch tv with them and only need internet services, you can go for the cheapest solution and buy a Technotrend DVB-S Budget S1102 or Technisat Skystar2 2.6C (without remote and CI).

Maybe you could try to contact somebody who has actually tried dvbnet.

Niklas