[linux-dvb] Re: newbie questions

Le dim 14/03/2004 à 22:26, Johannes Stezenbach a écrit :

> > 1. How do I view "Free to view" scrambled channels?
>
> What does "free to view" mean?

ITV1 and Channel 4 on Astra 28.2 E

> > 2. vdr isn't playing nice with my setup - I am about to embark on a
> > shell script and cron to make my own record to disk application. Does
> > anyone have such a beast?
>
> Have you checked out http://linuxtv.org/libsoftmpeg/ ?
> I don't know if recording/playback works already, but maybe
> you could help to implement it.

Yes, I hang out with the VIA CLE266 boys and this project came up on the
forum a while back. I am still hoping for HW mpeg.

I have found some more info on vdr and am going to bite the bullet and
recompile xine and vdr "one more time" TM =:-p

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit