[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppage Nexus-s modules.conf and insmod.sh configuration

Hi,

if you want the driver to be loaded on boot up, you indeed have to enter
the required modules in modules.conf (sorry, I cannot tell you which
modules exactly, you'll have to try yourself). But keep in mind that
they're not loaded automaticly even then, unless you perform modprobe
dvb or the like, or enter some more special lines in modules.conf (don't
remember which ones :( ). Please refer to modules.conf man page or your
distributions documentation for details.

If you miss DVB devices under /dev you probably want to try the
"makedev" script that comes with the package.

Hope that helps,

Niklas

Jörgen Haraldsson wrote:
Hi

Thanks for your answer.
But if want the drivers to autoload then i start Linux , must i not use the modules.conf then ?
Then i use insmod.sh i can't see any DVB devices under /dev ,have i done anything wrong then ?

Best regards