[linux-dvb] Re: av7110_send_fw_cmd error ect.

> Andreas Share wrote:
> >
> > i have tried for several weeks now to investigate the av7110_send_fw_cmd
> > (soutcommand) errors. On my setup i could track them down to SetPIDs(),
> > witch is always the last firmware command transfered to the command
buffer,
> > this cause here the "waiting for command idle" problems. It does not
matter
> > id SetPIDs() set 0 for all Pids (in av7110_before_after_tune), or the
normal
> > Pids needed to watch tv.
> >
> > I did not have any idea what external condition this caused, but i think
> > short weakness in signal quality could do something to the
failure...this
> > must be the same reason why the FF cards crashed most time without
signal.

> > Because there is no problem with debi transfer (no timeouts in
> > wait_for_debi_done) and the following rdebi read out the right, last
command
> > (0x0100 for "COMTYPE_PIDFILTER, MultiPID"), i think the arm do something
> > very different in this moment, but he do not clean the command buffer.
> >
> > I have tried dvb_delays between the wdebi´s, because SetPIDs() does with
7
> > writes more as the most other firmware commands, but without success.
> >
> > Maybe someone have an idea for an workaround for this problem....
> >
> > Before i forgot it....the last commands before the SetPIDs() are SetPIDs
and
> > "COMTYPE_PIDFILTER, Scan/FlushTSQueue" outcommands, but i think only
> > MultiPID make the trouble.
>
> IIRC Ralph said that he tried to debug this in the firmware, and
> the ARM just hangs inside a RTSL call. There isn't much we can do then.
>
> Anyway, I'll read through the MultiPID code of the firmware (again).

Hi Johannes,

i don´t think the problem is in MultiPID, because this command lay around in
the command buffer and looping this command (tested last night in case the
buffer is not cleared) would not help. I think the main problem is in
Scan/FlushTSQueue (i have always one of this two commands in the log before
MultiPID failed), ´cause this commands are the last ones the arm executed
and and i think they run into an buffer underrun (because problems without
sinal) or something, so the ARM doesn´t catch the following call from
command buffer...

Andreas