[linux-dvb] Re: Problem converting TS to PS with replex

Dave Chapman writes:
 > Cameron McCormack wrote:
 > > Hi.
 > >
 > > I have an MPEG2 TS from my budget DVB-T card and I want to convert to an
 > > MPEG2 PS file.  However I try to do it, though, the audio is out of sync
 > > with the video.  I tried running
 > >
 > >   ./replex -t MPEG2 -o /data/test.mpg -a 720 -v 519 /data/test.ts
 > >
 > > and I got lots of "video [PD]TS inconsistent" messages.  I tried with -k
 > > and with -r.  All three of these commands gave me a video with the audio
 > > out of sync in a different way.
 >
 > I have also found similar errors (PTS/DTS inconstent) with certain
 > transport streams and replex.
 >
 > A solution which seems to work well in these cases is to use the "-z"
 > option of replex to demux the TS (this produces elementary streams -
 > i.e. the PTS and DTS values are discarded), and then use the mplex from
 > mjpegtools to multiplex to a DVD compliant program stream (-f 8 option
 > in mplex).  This will only work if there are no errors in your recording.
 >
 > You need to calculate the audio offset (VPTS-APTS) displayed in the
 > output from replex and pass it to mplex using the -O option.

I am always interested in example recordings that don't work with
replex. So if you have such a file and it is possible to send me or
let me download a sample I would appreciate it.
The fact that a file that gives PTS inconsistencies with replex and
works with mplex after demuxing is especially interesting, since this
could mean that the PTS calculation in replex is faulty, or if it works
with -k that I am still missing frame headers.
Maybe I should include an option for replex to use elementary streams
and also a two step process with demuxing and muxing.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|