[linux-dvb] Re: av7110_send_fw_cmd error ect.

Am Friday 19 March 2004 18:35 schrieben Sie:
> > > "COMTYPE_PIDFILTER, Scan/FlushTSQueue" outcommands, but i think only
> > > MultiPID make the trouble.
> >
> > IIRC Ralph said that he tried to debug this in the firmware, and
> > the ARM just hangs inside a RTSL call. There isn't much we can do then.
> >
> > Anyway, I'll read through the MultiPID code of the firmware (again).
>
> Hi Johannes,
>
> i donīt think the problem is in MultiPID, because this command lay around
> in the command buffer and looping this command (tested last night in case
> the buffer is not cleared) would not help. I think the main problem is in
> Scan/FlushTSQueue (i have always one of this two commands in the log before
> MultiPID failed), īcause this commands are the last ones the arm executed
> and and i think they run into an buffer underrun (because problems without
> sinal) or something, so the ARM doesnīt catch the following call from
> command buffer...

I did some tests with my card (siemens DVBs Rev. 1.3) as mentioned before:

ves1893 frontend, no signal connected, feed with analogtv.

I always got an ARM crash and before that several av7110_send_fw_cmd-errors
although there is never an SetPID() called (?) in my setup.

However - just 2 hours ago i tested the following:

i call an ves_1x93_init(i2c) every 10 seconds - so far the ARM-crash is gone
now!
However - the av7110_send_fw_cmd-errors still appear and the video-decoding
still has the same problems as before (video goes black, small audio
fragments are played followed by some seconds of silence, mpeg2-decoding went
obviously haywire).

That leads me to the conclusion, that the ARM crash is just a "second order"
error, happen because of something else went wrong (during playback in
av7110).

Guido