[linux-dvb] Re: av7110_send_fw_cmd error ect.

> > Hi Johannes,
> >
> > i donīt think the problem is in MultiPID, because this command lay
around
> > in the command buffer and looping this command (tested last night in
case
> > the buffer is not cleared) would not help. I think the main problem is
in
> > Scan/FlushTSQueue (i have always one of this two commands in the log
before
> > MultiPID failed), īcause this commands are the last ones the arm
executed
> > and and i think they run into an buffer underrun (because problems
without
> > sinal) or something, so the ARM doesnīt catch the following call from
> > command buffer...
>
> I did some tests with my card (siemens DVBs Rev. 1.3) as mentioned before:
>
> ves1893 frontend, no signal connected, feed with analogtv.
>
> I always got an ARM crash and before that several
av7110_send_fw_cmd-errors
> although there is never an SetPID() called (?) in my setup.
>
> However - just 2 hours ago i tested the following:
>
> i call an ves_1x93_init(i2c) every 10 seconds - so far the ARM-crash is
gone
> now!
> However - the av7110_send_fw_cmd-errors still appear and the
video-decoding
> still has the same problems as before (video goes black, small audio
> fragments are played followed by some seconds of silence, mpeg2-decoding
went
> obviously haywire).
>
> That leads me to the conclusion, that the ARM crash is just a "second
order"
> error, happen because of something else went wrong (during playback in
> av7110).

Hi,

just insert some debug printkīs in av7110_before_after_tune() before the two
firmware calls, and one printk in SetPIDs() and you see you got several
calls from this 2 funktions, especialy without signal.
You could also insert in __av7110_send_fw_cmd() (av7110_hw.c) an
"rdebi(av7110, DEBINOSWAP, COMMAND, 0, 2" just before the printk(KERN_ERR
"%s: timeout waiting for COMMAND idle\n", __FUNCTION__); and an additional
printk to print out the rdebi return.

You get the last command & funktion transfered to the command buffer. I
could bet you returned 0x0100 ;) And because the command stay in the
command-buffer, no other firmware command will be transfered or executed.
After some time the arm crashed also...

Andreas