[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> > > Cool. The Root/Dpram in your 2003-11-08 DVB snapshot is the same as the
> > > ones I extracted from dvb-ttpci-01.fw.gz currently on the website. So its
> > > definitely not that; I just wanted to make ABSOLUTELY sure it wasn't some
> > > build issue. I'm assuming your 2003-11-08 snapshot works for your DISEQC
> > > BTW.
> >
> > Yes, it does.
>
> Another difference (though I don't see how it can affect DISEQC, but you never
> know!):
>
> In 1.0.0 and your 2003-11-08 snapsnot, hw_sections = 0 by default
>
> In 1.1.0 and CVS, hw_sections = 1 by default

Argh!

It should be hw_sections=0 by default to enable crc checks. But it
seems Holger made this change only for DVB :-(

Well, ideally the crc check should be in the firmware, but I won't
touch that. What should be done is to add the crc check to the
av7110 driver so it works with hw_sections=1, but no one had time
to implement this. So, hw_sections=0 is the workaround to enable
crc checks (the software demux does it).

Changed in CVS.

Johannes