[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

On Saturday 20 March 2004 20:41, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Saturday 20 March 2004 19:29, Helmut Auer wrote:
> > I only tested for about 10 minutes now with switching hw_sections from 0
> > to 1 and vice versa.
> > It looks like diseqc is much better with hw_sections=0 !
> > Anyway once or twice it took a very long time to switch, what I never
> > have with version 1.0.0.
> > But as I said it looks good, maybe I have to check different diseqc
> > settings.
>
> Wow COOL!
>
> > Now I have some questions:
> > Why does hw_sections=1 change ( or kill ) diseqc behaviour ?
>
> No idea, looking at the source, it only does anything when you're setting up
> TS section filters (DMX_TYPE_SEC). Someone with access to the firmware source
> will have to explain this.

As I wrote before I suspect that it is a timing issue.
I don't know how the DiSEqC timing is done in the firmware.
If some kind of software loop is used, and interrupts are not blocked,
timing will be distorted if an interrupt occurres...
Someone should check this.

Oliver