[linux-dvb] Re: nova budget / vdr breaks the driver..

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:39:41 +0000
Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> Interesting, it has to be a bug in the grundig driver... the frontend core
> code won't let anything start tuning until the driver returns from its
> initialisation routine.
>
> It would be interesting to know which IOCTL is breaking it... can you run VDR
> with "strace" to see?
>
> something like "strace vdr 2>&1 | grep ioctl" should do it....

Firstly, I have managed to find a short-term solution to the problem. When I add the following line to my modules.conf, the frontend becomes rather stable upon a cold boot:

above budget-core grundig_29504-401

If I replace that line with something else appropriate, the DVB stuff fails instantly on my box upon VDR initialisation, requiring a reboot.

I have also attached thestrace output samples you asked for: named "working" and "failure", both indicative of my experiments on the initialisation of DVB with varying modules.conf settings.

I hope this assists you in solving this irritating issue... :)

Cheers,

John