[linux-dvb] Re: Is there any hybrid card like this one?

From: "Nico" <nsabbi@tiscali.it>

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/literature/9397/75011608.pdf
> it's quite nice; is there any card like this one for sale?

How about this one:

http://www.lifeview.com.tw/eng_html/product_htm/PCI/Terra.htm

First time I've seen a _terrestrial_ silicion tuner, BTW. Looks like the
tin boxes are history already.

But: Don't get your hopes up that you can actually BUY one of these cards.
Lifeview had a "FlyVideo 3000 DVB-T" on their web pages for quite some
time, which appeared to be exactly the Philips reference board you
mentioned above, but I have never seen those sold anywhere.

Analog/DVB-T cards don't make much sense anyway, because in most areas
DVB-T _replaces_ analog terrestrial, thus the analog capability is
superfluous. Maybe that's the reason why noone is actually selling these
cards.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach