[linux-dvb] Re: Fwd: Re: DEBI irq oops, crashes: kernel 2.6 &Hyperthreading unusable with DVB

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Michael Hunold wrote:

> The "oops" messages occur, when an DEBI interrupt happens without a
> proper GPIO interrupt before.
>
> There might be a race condition somewhere wrt SMP -- as Johannes already
> pointed out, he'll have a look at it.

Are there any kernel changes which could make my situation better ? The
preemptive kernel parameter or the MSI vector based IRQs ? Or even
vice versa, is it better to switch something off ? Or any other
kernel parameter ? I'd stand a lot if it just costs only 5% performance
but I want to stay in hyperthreading. Switching off hyperthreading costs
30-40% performance. :(

Mermgfurt,
		Udo
--