[linux-dvb] Re: A/V dropouts when switching section filters

Hermann Gausterer wrote:
> hi klaus, nice to see you on this list :-)
>
> On Sunday 08 August 2004 12:22, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > - When VDR manipulates section filters, sometimes the A/V data stream
> > blacks out. Most of the time the picture returns after a short while, but
> > sometimes it doesn't.
>
> i got the same behavior, but in my case it even happens when tuning and
> watching only with szap ... so vdr is definitely not the cause for this
> blackouts ...
>
> > - If I disable the StartSectionHandler() call in VDR's
> > cDvbDevice::cDvbDevice(), the problem does not occur, so I guess it must
> > have to do with section filtering.

Well, szap doesn't set section filters, and Klaus reported that
the problem does not occur if he disables section filters in VDR,
so you are talking about two different problems.

> if i load with "modprobe ves1x93 debug=1" then i see entries in form of:

The ves1x93 frontend problem has been discussed here, and people
reported partial solutions (like taking the old alps_bsrv2 driver
instead), but no one so far invested the work to find out what
exactly is the root of the problem, or sent a patch.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index