[linux-dvb] Re: A/V dropouts when switching section filters

> Hermann Gausterer wrote:
> > hi klaus, nice to see you on this list :-)
> >
> > On Sunday 08 August 2004 12:22, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > > - When VDR manipulates section filters, sometimes the A/V data stream
> > > blacks out. Most of the time the picture returns after a short while,
but
> > > sometimes it doesn't.
> >
> > i got the same behavior, but in my case it even happens when tuning and
> > watching only with szap ... so vdr is definitely not the cause for this
> > blackouts ...
> >
> > > - If I disable the StartSectionHandler() call in VDR's
> > > cDvbDevice::cDvbDevice(), the problem does not occur, so I guess it
must
> > > have to do with section filtering.
>
> Well, szap doesn't set section filters, and Klaus reported that
> the problem does not occur if he disables section filters in VDR,
> so you are talking about two different problems.
>
> > if i load with "modprobe ves1x93 debug=1" then i see entries in form of:
>
> The ves1x93 frontend problem has been discussed here, and people
> reported partial solutions (like taking the old alps_bsrv2 driver
> instead), but no one so far invested the work to find out what
> exactly is the root of the problem, or sent a patch.
>
> Johannes

Hi,

during my tests i have seen the ves1x93 needs most of time more than one try
(on my setup sometimes up to 5 tries) to get a reliable lock So i have send
some days ago a experimental patch with a higher delay in
ves1x93_clr_bits(). With this, i got lock most of time at the first try, and
my tuning is now faster than before;)

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index