[linux-dvb] Re: Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C Card supported?

From: "Markus Schulz" <msc@antzsystem.de>
> I've played a little bit with different i2c addresse (loop from 0x7 to
> 0x20) but with no luck.
> The problem seems to be that no i2c level transform is possible. Each
> i2c_transfer returned -ENOSYS cause of undefined i2c->algo->master_xfer
> variable.(checked against i2c-core.c code)

The SAA7146A module must load first, and provide the i2c transfer function.
The frontend module must load as somewhat of a "child device". Sorry, I
don't know how that works on Linux, I'm a Windows programmer... ;)

> Can it be possible that there is another dvb-c demodulator on this card
> then a tda10021? Only chance to be sure with opening the metal box?

Unlikely. You really need to get the i2c transfer function in place.

But another thing: If you manage to get the i2c transfer function called,
but you still can't detect the TDA10021 on any of the given addresses, the
frontend might need to be switched on. On the TechnoTrend cards, the
SAA7146A's GPIO pin 2 is used for that (output low = frontend powered
down/reset, output high = frontend powered on). Maybe TerraTec also uses
something like this, but with a different GPIO pin, or using different
logic... You might want to try probing for the TDA10021 with all SAA7146A
GPIO pins set to output high, or with all set to output low. If you can
only detect it with either variant, make sure you isolate exactly which
GPIO pin needs to be set to which state to power the frontend.

Best Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net