[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with compiling in

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 12:23:52PM +0000, Michael Lothian wrote:

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 05:15:14AM +0000, Michael Lothian wrote:

Hi I like to have everything compiled into my kernel
Why?

More to the point why not. It's my preference.

OK, but do you realise that there's no benefit?

Hi I like to have everything compiled into my kernel however I notice
that when I do this with the latest dvb drivers in the mm kernels the
tda1004 and stv0299 are both compiled in automatically when budget-ci is
selected.

Which card do you use?

Hauppauge Nova-t (Budget-ci & tda1004x)

In the latest DVB code (after the "refactoring"), you only need
to load the card driver and it will find the frontend; it knows which
frontend you have based on the PCI ID of your card. As a result, a given
card driver (like budget-ci) needs the frontend drivers for every type
of frontend that has been used on a budget-ci card.
So it seems that both tda1004x and stv0299 frontends are possible,
so both drivers are required. This is slightly inefficient given that
you don't need the stv0299 driver, but considered acceptable.

Hamish

What I'm getting at is it works with just the budget-ci and tda1004x driver compiled as modules only

Mike

Home | Main Index | Thread Index