[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with compiling in

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 13:59, Michael Lothian wrote:
[...]
> >>Hauppauge Nova-t (Budget-ci & tda1004x)
> >
> >In the latest DVB code (after the "refactoring"), you only need
> >to load the card driver and it will find the frontend; it knows which
> >frontend you have based on the PCI ID of your card. As a result, a given
> >card driver (like budget-ci) needs the frontend drivers for every type
> >of frontend that has been used on a budget-ci card.
> >
> >So it seems that both tda1004x and stv0299 frontends are possible,
> >so both drivers are required. This is slightly inefficient given that
> >you don't need the stv0299 driver, but considered acceptable.
> >
> >Hamish
>
> What I'm getting at is it works with just the budget-ci and tda1004x
> driver compiled as modules only

Does it work for you also if you do a cold start of your computer?

I have a Nova-S, and my problem is that I need to reboot to get data
from the card (using stv0299 and budget-ci, kernel-2.6.10rc2, dvb-kernel
from CVS).

--Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index