[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with compiling in

Stefan Taferner wrote:

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 13:59, Michael Lothian wrote:
[...]

Hauppauge Nova-t (Budget-ci & tda1004x)

In the latest DVB code (after the "refactoring"), you only need
to load the card driver and it will find the frontend; it knows which
frontend you have based on the PCI ID of your card. As a result, a given
card driver (like budget-ci) needs the frontend drivers for every type
of frontend that has been used on a budget-ci card.

So it seems that both tda1004x and stv0299 frontends are possible,
so both drivers are required. This is slightly inefficient given that
you don't need the stv0299 driver, but considered acceptable.

Hamish

What I'm getting at is it works with just the budget-ci and tda1004x
driver compiled as modules only

Does it work for you also if you do a cold start of your computer?

I have a Nova-S, and my problem is that I need to reboot to get data
from the card (using stv0299 and budget-ci, kernel-2.6.10rc2, dvb-kernel
from CVS).

--Stefan

I really hate workin with modules. My kernel is configured for my periferals only so there is no advantage to modules for me. I consider them to be a pain. However I have never compiled stv0299 into the kernel or as modules deliberatly (only now unwantedly)

I belive I did. However at the time I was trying to soft out problems with udev

Mike

Home | Main Index | Thread Index