[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S SE ----> Unknown device 1016

On Thursday 02 Dec 2004 16:10, Lucian Muresan wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 Dec 2004 11:46, Lucian Muresan wrote:

> > Most likely it is doable yeah - although you'll need to know more info
> > about the rest of the tuner itself as well... there is likely to be one
> > other chip in it - the PLL synth. Hopefullly I just missed the tuner docs
> > on the site.
>
> I opened the tuner, I voided my warranty! I just hope it's worth it and
> that the card will work again after this, when I get home. I found the
> Samsung S5H1420 demodulator and the Philips TDA8260TW "Satellite Zero-IF
> QPSK/8PSK downconverter with PLL synthesizer", for which Philips
> provides a data sheet, there is also a programming chapter in it:
> http://www-eu2.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/TDA8260.html
> So, it seems we have infos for both of them, how does this all look
> like, Andrew? What's the next step? Can you please have a deeper look at
> both documentations and evaluate if I could aproach myself doing
> something here, given the right pointers? Let's bring these cards to the
> linux people.

Yeah, definitely you could with that information.

You'd still need to know the exact setup probably - right now I'm sorting out
a windows driver to dump the saa7146 programming (including i2c devices).
That should let you nab everything you'd need to know.

I'd suggest having a look at some of the existing frontend drivers to see
what's needed... the stv0299 would probably be a good one since the docs on
that can be found on google, and its a fairly complete implementation.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index