[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S SE ----> Unknown device 1016

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
On Wednesday 01 Dec 2004 11:46, Lucian Muresan wrote:
Most likely it is doable yeah - although you'll need to know more info about the rest of the tuner itself as well... there is likely to be one other chip in it - the PLL synth. Hopefullly I just missed the tuner docs on the site.
I opened the tuner, I voided my warranty! I just hope it's worth it and that the card will work again after this, when I get home. I found the Samsung S5H1420 demodulator and the Philips TDA8260TW "Satellite Zero-IF QPSK/8PSK downconverter with PLL synthesizer", for which Philips provides a data sheet, there is also a programming chapter in it: http://www-eu2.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/TDA8260.html
So, it seems we have infos for both of them, how does this all look like, Andrew? What's the next step? Can you please have a deeper look at both documentations and evaluate if I could aproach myself doing something here, given the right pointers? Let's bring these cards to the linux people.

Lucian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index