[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with Hauppauge Nova-T and dvb-kernel cvs

On Thursday 02 Dec 2004 16:59, Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My dvb-t card is Hauppauge Nova-T. I first noticed the problems with
> plain linux 2.6.9 kernel. Channel switching between DVB-T muxes
> (different frequency) takes very long time. This causes annoying
> restarts in vdr and missed beginnings in recordings. In old kernels
> there were long delays (e.g. 2.6.8.1) but I didn't notice failures in
> recordings.

Were you using the kernel-supplied drivers in 2.6.8.1 and 2.6.9? I have just
compared them - and there are no differences between the (DVB) code that
could cause this.

Please try Torsten's suggestion and let us know if it helps... Also, enabling
the "frontend_debug=1" on the dvb-core module should show what is happening.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index