[linux-dvb] Re: FIX: 'ARM Crash' while zapping

Hi,

> Please send the report to the list.

The card share the IRQ 10 with the graphic card but it's not the real
problem... I found the trouble this morning, there is a jumper on my riser
which can be set to IRQ "normal" / IRQ "special". The switch was on
"special" (I don't know why)... I switched it to "normal" and everything
rocks now. I teste dit for an hou rand it's rock and solid. No crash.

> Sorry I do not have any experience with Debian. I'm using
> 100% SuSE, this not only because I'm working here at suse.
> As a first guess: You may change the DVB driver to the
> CVS head.

It works with DVB Head, and stock driver from 2.6.8/2.6.10 (I just tested
it)

> OR you switch back to kernel 2.4 and linux_2.4 DVB driver.
> Maybe the saa7146 part of the current DVB driver is broken.

I don't need to ;-). Thanks anyway

> AFAIS there was several renames from the old DVB toward to the
> linux_2.4 DVB driver.  Also there was some changes in the
> current DVB lunux driver tree.

Here is the lspci log :
0000:00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH
Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge DVB card rev1.3
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 32 (3750ns min, 9500ns max)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
        Region 0: Memory at e6810000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

It uses the grundig 491 frontend.

Thanks a lot to help me find the IRQ trouble

Cheers

Philippe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index