[linux-dvb] ATSC Parameters

I have been looking at linux-dvbs readiness to support ATSC based frontends, and
I have to comments/suggestions:

1. in frontend.h the type enum_caps

I was thinking there should be a different type for the different QAM FEC that
north american cable uses. I have not seen a DVB-C card that supports annex B
fec.  This isnt a huge issue but DVB-C QAM != OpenCable/ATSC QAM..  Maybe
FE_CAN_QAM_64_ANNEX_B or something similar?

2. would it be possible to update the API version to say 3.1 so that its easier
to compile atsc linux-dvb code against the dvb-kernel drivers?  Getting
FE_CAN_ATSC enum types not handled messages are ok, but if you use the kernel
version and try to use an atsc card it will break..

Taylor

Home | Main Index | Thread Index