[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC Parameters

Hi,

Taylor Jacob wrote:

I have been looking at linux-dvbs readiness to support ATSC based frontends, and
I have to comments/suggestions:

1. in frontend.h the type enum_caps

yes, a new frontend type enum is needed as well. And a ATSC parameter struct in the dvb_frontend_parameter union.

I was thinking there should be a different type for the different QAM FEC that
north american cable uses. I have not seen a DVB-C card that supports annex B
fec. This isnt a huge issue but DVB-C QAM != OpenCable/ATSC QAM.. Maybe
FE_CAN_QAM_64_ANNEX_B or something similar?

should be fine, but I'd prefer a shorter name.

2. would it be possible to update the API version to say 3.1 so that its easier
to compile atsc linux-dvb code against the dvb-kernel drivers? Getting
FE_CAN_ATSC enum types not handled messages are ok, but if you use the kernel
version and try to use an atsc card it will break..

increasing the API version to 3.1 would be fine, applications may also test for definitions of the ATSC defines. Feel free to send a patch, all work in this direction is highly welcome!

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index