[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC Parameters

From: "Holger Waechtler" <holger@qanu.de>
> Taylor Jacob wrote:
> > I was thinking there should be a different type for the different QAM
> > FEC that north american cable uses. I have not seen a DVB-C card that
> > supports annex B fec.  This isnt a huge issue but DVB-C QAM !=
> > OpenCable/ATSC QAM..  Maybe FE_CAN_QAM_64_ANNEX_B or something similar?
>
> should be fine, but I'd prefer a shorter name.

OpenCable is not limited to QAM-64 anyway, QAM-256 is being used as well. I
suppose FE_CAN_ITU_T_J83_ANNEX_B would be a bit long as well, though. How
about FE_CAN_TRELLIS? Because it seems Trellis ECC is the only actual
difference between Annex B and Annex A/C (aka DVB-C)...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net