[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC Parameters

On Thu December 9 2004 10:36 am, Luke Jenkins wrote:
> AVR Freaks has a Design Note written by Thomas Dais that might be the
> solution for you:
>
> http://www.avrfreaks.net/Tools/ToolFiles/411/DN_048.pdf
>
> It monitors the clock and data lines and dumps the data to a serial port.
>
> It is only a few chips and could be built on perf board. The only
> challenge you might have is programing the chip.
The same can be implemented on the 16F84 with the RB0/INT,
there would not be much changes anyway, you can even remove of the schmitt
triggers also. You can use PORTB features for that. Would be quite simple in
assembly, considerably faster, meaning that you can do the level conversion
with 2 FET's rather than the MAX 232. The PIC is quite powerful at
4MHz/20Mhz.

Just to remember how powerful the PIC core is, I had an entire robotic motor
functions with just one single 16F877, with still ample free pins and
processing power, that was couple of years ago. Now they have faster chips.

Manu

> Luke
>
> On Wed,  8 Dec 2004 15:19:55 -0500, Taylor Jacob <rtjacob@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> > > I will check my collection... Give me some time.. I will check it on
> > > Friday, since office is closed.
> > >
> > > In the end where i drew a line was some chipsets do leave the ports in
> > > a different state.. eventhough the so called initialization.
> > >
> > > This was during my experiments with the Microchip PIC 16F84 micro's and
> > > the Parallel port.
> >
> > I had considered just using a PIC with USB or Serial and i2c on it and
> > making a logger out of it, but realized it would add one more project
> > that would keep me from the real task.. I will be curious what you dig up
> > though..
> >
> > Taylor

Home | Main Index | Thread Index