[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

On Monday 06 December 2004 15:41, Werner Hauger wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-CI DVB-S card with Irdeto Euro CAM which
> works fine under Windoze with various applications. I'm trying to run
> this setup on the standard 2.4.20 Redhat kernel using the dvb-kernel
> (linux_2_4 branch) CVS drivers with budget CI code enabled.
> Unfortunately at the moment I'm unable to upgrade or use a different
> kernel because of some precompiled binary only RAID drivers. Now my
> problems:
>
> 1. The card only delivers data after warm booting Linux from Windoze.
> If I cold boot Linux, scan will fail with timeouts and xine finds no
> data on /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0. However tuning with szap works (I get
> a FE_HAS_LOCK). If I warm boot Linux after having been in Windoze,
> scan works, and xine picks up data from /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 after
> tuning with szap -r. Now I also can use VDR with the xine plugin
> successfully.

I have the same problem here.

The other computer has a Nova and a Nexus, and there it works as expected.
But the computer with only a Nova does need a reboot.

To me it seems to be a known problem, but it also seems that up to now no
developer cares   :-|

--Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index