[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:54:37 +0000, Andrew de Quincey
<adq_dvb@lidskialf.net> wrote:

> Werner said he'd compared the saa7146 PCI memory between working and
> non-working and there wasn't really an obvious difference. On the Nova-S
> cards there isn't really anything else you can control besides the demod and
> PLL - and someone said that tuning works OK....

Well, as far as szap is concerned, it gets a lock on to the signal,
but since I don't get any data back, I don't know if tuning *really*
worked.

> This sounds _extremely_ like the issue many people who use VDR with an FF and
> a budget card have - after a bit the budget card just stops delivering data,
> but it can still tune OK. (the FF card works fine though). A reboot (although
> not to windows) is required to fix it.
>
> /proc/interrupts showed that when this issue with FF+budget occurs, the budget
> simply doesn't generate interrupts any more.

I'll have a look at /proc/interrupts and also check if the IRQ
assignment by the BIOS differs between cold and warm booting Linux.
Maybe I'll also move the card to a different PCI slot to see if it
makes a difference.

Werner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index