[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

On Monday 13 Dec 2004 16:01, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> On Monday 13 December 2004 15:55, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I will test the saa7146 reset thing tonight that Johannes suggested.
>
> Ok, adding the saa7146 reset helps. Then the card works after
> unloading and reloading the modules. It does not work at first load.
>
> It did not help when I forgot to load the modules budget budget-ci
> budget-av budget-core. Then I had to unload/load once more, even with all
> modules loaded at the second time (in case that helps somehow).

Yeah - the card won't be initialised at all until you load one of those - the
saa7146 support is more like a set of library functions.

> Tell me if you want me to play around with the drivers somehow, e.g.
> by adding the reset somewhere else. How about resetting the saa7146
> after/when the firmware is loaded?  Currently I use the kernel's firmware
> loader.

For a budget card, only a couple of demodulators need firmware - the saa7146
does not.

Hopefully michael's patch should stop the having to unload-reload thing...
although you could try putting an msleep() just after the reset to see if it
helps in the meantime...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index