[linux-dvb] Re: Help req. with DVB-TTUSB-Budget

Hi Stefan and Tony,

Thanks for the info. One interesting thing is, when I run the
./MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script to create the devices, I also get some errors:

- Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter0
- chown: `root.video': invalid group

It's the same for all the devices created.

I'm assuming I don't actually NEED devfs??

Once I've run the insmod.sh script, if I then try to run one of the "test"
apps, like this:

/root/dvb/dvb-apps/test/test_av a.mpg

I get:

using video device '/dev/dvb/adapter0/video0'
using audio device '/dev/dvb/adapter0/audio0'
enter command or h + enter for help
open video device: No such device

Seems my device just doesn't exist/hasn't been created correctly...

It does work under 'doze, but I want to try it in Linux!

It's also a brand spanking new box - bought last week, just manufactured. Is
there any chance it might not work with the drivers?? If so, is anyone
willing to try to find out what's preventing it from working, and helping me
fix it? I'm certain it's got the TDA10046 firmware... Right now, I'm trying
to put some debugging code into the tda1004x.c file to see if the firmware
gets uploaded. I'm pretty certain the upload firmware function is not being
called - seems possibly to be a problem with hotplug, even though I've got
the latest version. I'll just check I have indeed got all parts of hotplug
installed, and give it another go.

Thanks,

Andrew