[linux-dvb] Re: help with patchs...

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 13:06, John Jones wrote:
> dear hard working people
>
> I have been struggling to build a mythtv DVR for the girlfriend....
>
> Help
> (if you have ever been bugged by a partner please take pity)
>
> I see that 2.6.9 has not got the latest DVB core and I need that
> because the driver for my  DVB-T card that I bought....
>
> a wintv Nova-T with a Conexant chipset UK spec

Heh, I got one from that same eBay seller :)

After much hair-pulling, I grabbed the latest 2.6.10 vanilla kernel (rc1) at
the time, unpacked and then applied

http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/2.6.10-rc1-1/All-2.6.10-rc1.diff.gz

Then enabled the various options in make menuconfig - don't forget you need to
enable the Conexant support in 'Video for Linux' as well as the more obvious
'DVB' modules

The magic module to modprobe after reboot is cx88-dvb :)

I may have left something out since I haven't used DVB-T or the card for a
month now...

Good luck!
Gavin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index