[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend IP based

Marcus Metzler wrote:

"Stéphane" == Stéphane Esté-Gracias <sestegra@free.fr> writes:

Stéphane> Hello, Is there an official proposal to create IP
Stéphane> based frontends for the reception of DVB-IP transport
Stéphane> stream ?

Stéphane> Has anyone contributed or suggested an implementation
Stéphane> for Linux TV API modules ?

Stéphane> I could help to develop this module if not exists.

Stéphane> Stéphane ESTE-GRACIAS

Just to clarify what you are talking about. You mean a frontend where
the data does not come from the tuner but via the network card, right?
Would you use RTP or some other protocol?
DVB over IP has been proposed as official standard a while ago, don't remember the standard number, though. If I remember correctly they completely specified encapsulation in UDP packets including forward error correction.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index