[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend IP based

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 10:54 +0100, Marcus Metzler wrote:

> Just to clarify what you are talking about. You mean a frontend where
> the data does not come from the tuner but via the network card, right?
> Would you use RTP or some other protocol?

I thought about building some hardware that just encapsulates TS packets
into UDP frames. This can be done with a small FPGA and an ethernet PHY
chip, so this is simple. VideoLAN seems to be able to do this too.

I don't see what RTP buys you. It's certainly more complex.

Tom

Home | Main Index | Thread Index