[linux-dvb] Re: WANTED : KaxTV testers

Le Lundi 20 Décembre 2004 00:19, Jim Darby a écrit :
> I've been playing with Christophe's new kaxtv.
>
> It's as cool as every and well onto the way to be a KILLER application.
>
> However, I've just missed part of a programme I wanted to watch because
> it crashed out half way through.
>
> I wasn't watching it live, it was just recording to a TS file and half
> way through it crashed out. Very annoying.

sorry :(
never happened here, but i've always a good signal.

> This is the one single thing stopping me from using kaxtv for
> everything.
>
> Now, I've got a pretty marginal DVB-T signal and it's quite common to
> get transmission errors. I suspect something in the data stream is
> causing kaxtv to crash.
>
> So, what processing is done on a DVB data stream when recording to a TS
> file? Something in there needs a little extra robustness.

Recording to a TS file is as simple as reading from dvr and writing to file.
But as soon as the device is tuned, kaxtv opens a demux to parse events
sections. Maybe i'm too much confident in crc check and/or events length
themselves ...

> I'd be delighted to help out with this.

you can comment out events parsing in dvbstream.cpp :

void DvbStream::run()
{
 //dvbEvents->go( true );

and let me know.

> Keep up the good work Christophe, we're almost there!

Good to hear. I'm working (but i've not much time) on a merge with kaffeine.
It seems really more stable, but still crashes when stressed by fast repeated
switching. I may add a minimum delay between switches, but i would really
like to avoid that.

--
Christophe Thommeret

Home | Main Index | Thread Index