[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/dvb0.dvr0 instead of /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0??

But if you install linux-2.6.7-1.mm.7mdk from the contrib it will contain newer DVB drivers which
will work with the UDEV DVB rules shipped within the Mandrake udev-rpm.

Aha! It took me a little while to understand this but re-reading it I
now get it.

The older kernel has newer DVB code in it because it's a multimedia
build!

Yep: -:)

Ok.

Another plan would be to update the DVB code in my existing kernel.

Or is there some problem with this? Is there any reason to not use the
latest from CVS or perhaps a specific release? What is the fashionable
DVB user using these days?

Well it seems that both with the 2.6.10 kernel and CVS kernels the udev rules released within
the Mandrake 10.1 do not work anymore. (There has been some talk about new udev rules in this group
lately, but sofar I have not get them working with 2.6.10-rc3-bk5 kernel I have build myself)

These 2.6.10 drivers works very well if I MAKEDEV-DVB.sh for creating /dev entries manually.

Mika

Home | Main Index | Thread Index