[linux-dvb] Re: DVB, MythTV and PVR-350

Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 08:21 schrieb Florin Andrei:
> Anyone here using a DVB card in conjunction with MythTV and a PVR-350?

I do.

> I'd like to build an HTPC based on MythTV and receive both analog TV
> (with the PVR-350) and satellite (via some DVB card that i'll choose
> later).

I am using a AverTV DVB-T 771 Card beside my PVR-350. I have a lot of trouble
with the bt878 driver if both card running (recording).
Nov  7 14:17:16 localhost kernel: bt878(0): irq FBUS risc_pc=1e41a210

The result is a heavy damaged mpeg stream.

Maybe other DVB Cards (or Drivers ;-)  will work better.

> AFAICT, with PVR-350 one could use the 350's analog output to play the
> video back to the TV (it's actually possible to use the 350 as a
> "graphics" card and run X on it). The problem is, what happens to the
> stream captured via the DVB card? Can it be played through the PVR-350?

I tried. It work :-( If I am watching live from the dvb-t the situation will
become worse.

> I guess, what i'm trying to find out is whether i can use the PVR-350 as
> an input and output device, and the DVB card as an input device only
> (the output being PVR-350)? Are the two technologies compatible enough?

Beside I am currently not happy with the PVR-350 TV-Out. If it just play a
recording the picturequality is very nice and the motion is smooth. But if I
start fastforwarding or rewinding the system will die after after a while
(ok, I am not a very patient person, so fastforward is very important for
me ;-)
Finialy I end up with continue using the TV-Out of my nvidia card.
picturequality and motion could by better, but everything is rock solid with
exception of the bt878 issue.

Jan

My VDR:
Debian Sarge
kernel 2.6.10-rc3 (no patches)
A7N8X-X with 2500 XP, 512 MB
NVIDIA MX 4000 (nivida driver 1.0.6629)
PVR-350 (ivtv-0.2.0-rc3c)
AverTV DVB-T 771 (kernel standard drivers) options bt878 verbose=0 !!!!
XFree86 4.3

Home | Main Index | Thread Index