[linux-dvb] Re: DVB, MythTV and PVR-350

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 20:30 -0500, Taylor Jacob wrote:

> Yes, but keep in mind the PVR350 being used as an output device can be a bit
> termpermental.. Its reasonably stable these days, but it still can lock up in a
> way that required you to reboot to get the card back in a usable state (rmmoding
> and modprobing isnt enough)..

Hmmm...
The thing is, i've seen HOWTO's on the Internet regarding a PVR-350-
based MythTV box and they didn't mention stability issues. Maybe it only
affects some combinations of hardware/software?

Ok, i'll contact the authors of the HOWTOs and see what they say.

> The only upcoming thing that might complicate this is I am working on changing
> the recording format for DVB recordings to be a stripped TS, and I am pretty
> sure the PVR350 cannot play back TS format, so a TS->PES will have to be put
> somewhere in the ivtvdecoder.cpp code.  Keep in mind I won't release anytyhng
> that breaks the 350 since I use one myself.. :)

So, which one is "compatible with DVD"?

It would be nice to use something that works with all the typical
hardware (DVB, PVR-350) but it's also appropriate for DVD mastering
(i.e. feed it to dvdauthor directly).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/