[linux-dvb] Re: DVB, MythTV and PVR-350

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 15:17 +0100, Jan wrote:
> Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 08:21 schrieb Florin Andrei:
> > Anyone here using a DVB card in conjunction with MythTV and a PVR-350?

> I am using a AverTV DVB-T 771 Card beside my PVR-350. I have a lot of trouble
> with the bt878 driver if both card running (recording).
> Nov  7 14:17:16 localhost kernel: bt878(0): irq FBUS risc_pc=1e41a210
>
> The result is a heavy damaged mpeg stream.

Wow, that's pretty bad.

If you take the DVB card off-line, then it's fine, right?
Sounds like a driver issue to me...

> Finialy I end up with continue using the TV-Out of my nvidia card.
> picturequality and motion could by better, but everything is rock solid with
> exception of the bt878 issue.

Yes, i'm keeping that as my second option, but i'd like to avoid it if
possible. Like you said, there are quality issues with that setup.

If i would use an HDTV set for display, that would be different, of
course. But on normal, interlaced, analog TV sets, a "true" TV-out such
as the one on the PVR-350 is a must if you don't wanna lose quality.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index