[linux-dvb] Re: dumping the full TS with a WinTv NOVA-t USB

Francesco Ciacca wrote:
Hi all,
i'm using WinTv NOVA-t USB with my Suse 9.2,kernel 2.6.8-24.5 x86_64 (i have a AMD64 3000+) .
Everything works fine so i can watch DTT AV channel, using vdr on some pid and so on. I knows that the receiver is a budget one (in fact linuxdvb is using the tda1004x+dvb_ttusb_budget modules) and so i suppose that the software demux receives the full TS through the usb bus. My main target is to obtain a dump file of a full TS on-air, so i tried to set 0x2000 (8192) as pid for programs like test_dvr or dvbstream or my own program wrote starting from documentation's examples. Unfortunately, this seems not to work. While i can get a dump of a single or of several pids, i can't get all the TS "as is" in this manner, because in this nothing comes out from the vdr
Anyone can help? Any suggestion?
Thanx a lot in advance
Francesco

I'm not 100% sure since I don't have a NOVA-t USB, but usually you cannot receive a full ts with USB devices because USB bandwidth is too limited (unless you have a - still very rare - USB 2.0 device).

Full ts dumps can only be got with pci cards.

Regards,

Niklas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index