[linux-dvb] Re: DVB, MythTV and PVR-350

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 12:34:11AM +0100, Jan wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2004 22:12 schrieb Hamish Moffatt:
> > I have two DVB cards (one BT878, one not) and see this very
> > occasionally. No amount of latency tweaking has gotten rid of it
> > completely.
>
> Hamish, thank you again,
> finially you give me the best idea to solve my A771 Issue: eBay!

Well, I should say that I get a single overflow error (FBUS) every few
days - never whole corrupted recordings.

> Did anyone know a linux working (no patching hell) dvb-t card with - please - not a bt878 chipset?
> Ok, and it must also have perfect qualitiy, big buffers (big sounds good) and of cause is very cheap  ;-)

I have a card from dpanda.com.au which is actually a Technotrends card
(uses the budget-ci driver). It works just fine, though I've used it
less than the A761. (The 761 has a BT878 just like your 771.)
The Nova-T is the same so if you get one of those you'll be happy.

Hamish